So I never really could understand why people find French Manicure so hard to do. I mean no offense, but going to the salon for just a french manicure seems like a total waste of both time and money to me. 😛 That is why I decided to come up with this tutorial-come-review!
In my experience with nail painting, (which is quite vast, trust me!) I’ve found that the best way to give yourself a french manicure is to pick the nail paints individually instead of getting an expensive manicure set. For me, Sweet Touch Nail Enamels in White & Clear always do the trick. Because the quality of these is really good, so is the consistency of the polish and the applicator brush is super easy to use. Even without the strips, you can get a pretty smooth finishing. See Results below:
Things you’ll need:
Here’s a list of what you’ll need to achieve this result:
- Sweet Touch Nail Enamel in White (Or any other brand you prefer)
- Top Coat
- Base Coat in soft pink or any pale/nude color.
- Stick On Diamantes
- Manicure Strips/Scotch Tape(If your hands are shaky)
- Nail Polish Remover
- Q tips
- BASE COAT: First, paint your nails with the base coat(I usually skip this step, as it makes your nails look heavy in the end, but if you think you need the coverage then go ahead.) Let it dry.
- WHITE TIPS: Then paint a smooth curved line at the tips of your nails, or make it straight if your nails are square shaped like mine. Let it dry and apply a second coat if necessary.
- DIAMANTES: There are a lot of stick on designs available at every shop these days, but I like to stick to the simple lil diamantes only, you can take your pick, although for this project you’ll need these. Stick the diamantes one by one onto the edge of the base coat and the white tip(I know, I know, its a painfully long procedure, but it’s worth the effort in the end. :D)
- CLEAN IT UP: I’d suggest you clean up any over flowing nail polish or messy corners before proceeding any further.
- TOP COAT: Apply the top coat when you’re done cleaning and VOILA! Your nails look immaculately clean and pretty! 😀
- Good quality nail enamels, in terms of consistency.
- Easily available and affordable.
- Easy applicator brush. Makes it less messy and perfect for a french manicure.
- Lasts long, for a week at least. 😀
- Dries out easily, lets say in a month or so.