Ever since I found out about them I’ve been crazy-y-y about Angry Birds! I just love love love throwing the birdies at the freaking piggies, I hate them, ew! Even better is the RIO version, that just made me go nuts! For days I was completely obsessed with it. 😀 So I decided to combine both my obsessions(i.e. Angry Birds & Nail Art) and this is what I came up with!
Don’t ask me how long it took, because I really don’t know, neither does my poor lil sister, whose nails I decided to try it on. But the result was so worth it. 😀
Things you’ll need:
Here’s a list of what you’ll need to achieve this result:
- Nail Colors in RED, LIGHT BLUE, DARK BLUE, YELLOW, BLACK, WHITE, GRAY/SILVER, BEIGE/NUDE.
- Top Coat
- 0-1 Size Paint Brush
- Small Container for taking out the nail colors.
- Nail Polish Remover & Q tips(In case you mess up)
- Red by Christine.
- Light blue by Artmatic
- Dark Blue by Need Me
- Yellow – some random local nail color
- Black Out by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear
- White by Sweet Touch
- Silver by Art Club
- Nude by Medora
- Top Coat by Sweet Touch
- It will help IMMENSELY if you open up a picture of Angry Birds for reference.
- First things first, paint each nail in respective bird colors, let it dry. It makes sense to have the Blue bird on the pinkie(use light blue for the base) and the Black one on the thumb because of their sizes, but it really depends. Apply 2nd coat if necessary, let it dry.
- Now paint the nail edges in a curve to make the birds’ lower body. Use white on the Red bird, gray/silver on Black & White Birds, dark blue on Blue Bird & nude/beige on Yellow Bird. This is as far as you can go with the nail colors’ brushes.
- For the coming steps, take a 0-1 size paint brush. Take out some yellow nail color separately to avoid drying the whole bottle, and paint the beaks, be careful to paint the right beak on the right bird and take your time to get it right! (Skip this step for the Yellow bird.)
- Once you’re done with the beak, clean the brush with the remover , then take out some black nail color and outline the beaks very closely.
- Next step is for the eyes. You will need to take out white, black, gray/silver & red nail colors for this. First, paint the white areas for the eyes, I did it directly with the nail color’s brush at 90degree angle to make it easier. Don’t forget to refer to the image of Angry Birds, all the birds have different eye shapes.
- After that, use black to outline the eyes and paint in the eye balls. The Blue bird gets an extra underline of red, the Black bird gets it with gray/silver.
- Next, use the brush to paint their eye brows, these actually make them look angry. Use red on Black & Yellow bird. Use black on White & Red bird. Skip this step on the Blue Bird.
- Almost done. The last step is to give them some feathers on the head. Yellow & White bird get black feathers, Blue bird gets dark blue feathers.
- Let the birds dry completely, it will take a long time, depending on the amount of polish you used.
- Once they have dried, paint on a top coat to secure them and TADAH! The Angry Birds are ready! 😀
So what do you think? Aren’t my lil birdies adorable? 😀 I’m sooo proud of them!