After much success of 35+ Reasons not to date a Photographer… and counting!, I feel entitled to present 10+ Reasons not to date a Musician… and counting!
And this implies to all musicians, wanna-be musicians, under-process musicians.
Without further ado:
- You can never understand their “level” of music.
- They listen to weird artists and songs, whose names you haven’t even heard.
- Even worse, they make YOU listen to weird songs.
- They’re all bloody lazy. There is no other word to describe them. They show up late at everything, only work a couple of hours, and expect everything else to happen miraculously.
- If you switch a song they like, you’re in for trouble.
- They make weird sounds along with every song that’s playing, so mush so that you never really get to enjoy any music at all.
- The artists you like? Your favorite songs of the season? Well they’re all an embarrassment for the REAL music industry.
- They’d prefer spending time with other musicians, than going on a date with you.
- Their jamming sessions are endless. Don’t ask them when they’ll be back!
- The music you listen to lacks “soul/feel/etc”.
- And if you happen to be with one of the wanna-be musicians, oh well, good luck trying to get him into his senses that musicians are well, born musicians.
- Last but not the least, you have to lie to them. Because if you say you don’t like a particular song that they apparently love, then your standards of art will be judged.
- They will only catch their BIG BREAK and become famous after you’ve split up!
- Update: The drummers are the worst by far, they make constipated faces while playing!
Dating a musician seems like some totally exciting thing to do, but trust me the EXCITING part wears off pretty soon. 😛
Is there something you’d like to contribute to this list?